- Personal Use Only: Cars may only be rented for personal use. Cars may not be used to carry passengers for hire or property for hire without the permission of Getaround.
- Reasonable Care: Renters may not engage in competitive driving or racing; carrying passengers other than in the interior or cab of the Car; carrying passengers or anything else in excess of the capacity of the Car; using the Car to push, propel or tow another car, trailer or any other thing; or illegal or dangerous activities. Renters must drive and park with reasonable care, keep the Car clean, and return it on time.
- Gas: Renters must return the car with the same amount of gas in the tank as there was at the start of the rental. If the gas is not filled back to the level present at the beginning of the rental, renters will be subject to the Gas Fee as stated in Getaround's Fee and Commission Schedule
No pets allowed except in designated
Pet FriendlyCars. Pets must be kept in carrier cages provided by the Renter.
- No Smoking: No smoking is allowed in Cars unless specifically designated by the car owner.
- In Country Use Only: Cars may not be driven to Canada, Mexico, or any other destination outside of the United States.
- In State and Designated Radius Only: Cars may not be driven out of the state or outside of a designated radius without the consent of the Owner and Gettaround, Inc.
- The Renter may not carry out a crime or participate in any other illegal activity while operating a Car.
- The Renter is prohibited from using the Car for any negligent use where the intent is abusive or abnormal for its operation.
- Authorized Renter: Only the authorized Renter may operate the Car.
- Documentation of Pre-existing Damage: Before driving the Car, Renters will be given the option to submit electronic photographs of any pre-existing damage as permitted by the Service. Renters may be liable for any damage they fail to document before driving the Car, at the discretion of Getaround.
- Parking Tickets and Traffic Violations: Renter agrees to be solely liable for parking tickets, traffic citations, and other violations that occur during the Rental, and all fees resulting from such violations. It is the sole responsibility of the Renter to pay these fees in a timely manner and to comply with all legal obligations that arise from such violations.
- Tolls: Renter is solely responsible for paying all tolls, and fines resulting from improperly paid tolls, incurred during the Rental.
- Towing: Getaround may provide roadside assistance for accidents and breakdowns that occur during a Rental. This is decided on a case-by-case basis. If Getaround coverage is not available for any reason, or if the Renter is negligent in a way that results in or contributes to the breakdown, it is the Renter's sole responsibility to arrange for and pay for towing the Car. The Renter is responsible for returning the Car to its Rental location following any tow.
- Stickers and Car Modification: Renters may not place stickers, signs, symbols, or other devices, modifications, advertisements or publicity materials on the interior or exterior of the Car without the permission of Getaround.
- Hitchhikers: Renter may not pick up hitchhikers or persons unknown to the Renter while in the Car.
- Drugs: Renters may not operate the Car while under the influence of any prescription or non-prescription drug for which driving during use is not recommended on the label, or by reasonable opinion of a pharmacist or doctor.
- Hands-Free: Renters may not operate devices that require one or both hands while driving, including but not limited to cell phones, mobile computers, or devices that allow texting. Getaround discourages Renters from engaging in any activity that takes the Renter's attention off the road while driving.
- Seat Belts: Renters must obey all applicable seat-belt laws while in rented Cars. Getaround recommends that every person in the Car wear a seat belt at all times.
- Headphones: Renters may not drive while wearing any device that limits the Renter's ability to hear, see, and otherwise judge driving conditions. Renters must follow all applicable laws governing headphone use in Cars, which may differ state by state.
- Maintenance and Repairs: The Renter is not responsible for routine maintenance and repairs of the Car. The Renter may be held liable for the repair cost for of all other repairs of damage to the car during the Rental, and must follow the reporting, claims processing, and repair procedure set forth below for all such damage.
- Driving Record: If a Renter incurs any traffic incident or driving violation that affects the Renter's eligibility in the Service as described in the Renter's Eligibility section, that Renter becomes immediately ineligible and must indemnify both Getaround and the respective Vehicle Owner for any and loses that might occur as a result of that Renter's operation of a Getaround vehicle.
- Booking Fee: For every rental, the Renter will be charged a nominal booking fee as outlined by Getaround's Fee and Commission Schedule.
- Smartphone Rentals: If the Renter is using a vehicle that has the Getaround Carkit™, they must arrive at the vehicle during the agreed upon rental period and use a smartphone to unlock the vehicle and begin the rental.
- Key Swap Rentals: If the Renter is using the Key Swap option, they must meet the Owner at the specified time and place to perform the key swap.
- Cancellations: Cancelling rentals will result in a fee as outlined by Getaround's Fee and Commission Schedule.
- Late Returns: Returning a vehicle late will result in a fee as outlined by Getaround's Fee and Commission Schedule.
- No Shows: Failing to show up to rent a Car will result in a fee as outlined by Getaround's Fee and Commission Schedule.
Rental Policies. You agree to the following policies for each Rental.
You agree to the following Insurance Claim Procedures for each Rental.
It is the responsibility of the Renter to report and process a claim for any incident that occurs during the Rental, or for which the Renter is otherwise responsible. The Renter must notify Getaround immediately of any major or minor incident that occurs by calling the Getaround Help Line (1-(866)-GETAROUND). In an emergency, the Renter should first call 911, then notify Getaround as soon as possible. The Renter must fill out an
Inccident Report Form,available on the Getaround website, as soon as possible and no later than 2 days following an incident.
- Deductible: The Renter is liable for the deductible associated with Getaround Insurance coverage, and any amounts beyond that which the Renter is deemed liable for, such as damages resulting from negligence. The deductible amount may be withdrawn or charged directly to the Renter's credit card by Getaround. The deductible amount and other fees are listed in the Fee and Commission Schedule.
It is the responsibility of the Renter to have the Car assessed for damage by a reputable mechanic. The Renter must arrange a mutually agreeable time with the Owner to take the car to a mechanic for assessment. The Owner is responsible for making the Car reasonably available to the Renter for mechanic inspection following an incident. The Renter does not need to pay the Owner for the time the Car is being assessed, though, if the Renter is found to have been negligent and/or responsible for the incident, the Renter may owe the Owner an
inconvenience fee.The Renter must submit proper documentation of damage as required by Getaround and any relevant insurance companies. Upon mutual written agreement by the Renter and the Owner, the Owner can choose to assume responsibility for having damage assessed. In this case, the Owner must abide by all rules and policies regarding Getaround Insurance claims.
The Renter will be required to fill out the Getaround
Inccident Report FormThe Renter will submit the form and any additional documentation required by Getaround and/or Getaround Insurance carriers within 48 hours of an incident.
- Claim Monitoring: Inccident reports are monitored to assure timely submission and processing of claims.